Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice | Quick and Easy Jeera Rice | How to make Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice

Burnt Garlic Cumin rice is a simple recipe, that is made with just a few small changes to the regular Cumin rice.The flavour of Garlic dominates in this and will be liked by all. It is very easy to make and you need fluffy Rice with grains separate and non-sticky.

Follow the tips and view the images and video of this simple Garlic Cumin Rice.

Print this Recipe

Tips

  1. Add Cumin when the Oil is properly heated, so that it gives a nice fragrance

2.Fry Garlic on a low flame till it turns golden brown. Only then it tastes good.

  1. I used Basmati Rice.You can use ordinary Rice or even left over Rice

Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice | Quick and Easy Jeera Rice | How to make Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice - Recipe Video

Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice | Quick and Easy Jeera Rice | How to make Burnt Garlic Jeera Rice

Main Course | vegetarian
  • Prep Time 1 min
  • Cook Time 5 mins
  • Total Time 6 mins
  • Servings 3

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Basmati Rice (Soaked for 1 hour)
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • For Cumin Rice
  • 2 tsp Oil
  • 1 tbsp Ghee
  • 1 inch Cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
  • 4 Garlic (Grated)
  • 2 Red Chillies
  • 2 Green Chilli ()
  • Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
  • Chopped Green Coriander- Small bunch

Instructions

  1. Cook soaked Rice in Boiling hot water adding salt till it is cooked to 90%.
  2. When it is 90% cooked, strain it and allow it to cool. The remaining 10% will also be cooked nicely while the spices are added.
  3. Add Oil and Ghee together and add Cinnamon, Cumin and wait till the Cumin seeds splutter.
  4. Now add Garlic and Red chillies and fry them till they turn golden brown on a low flame.
  5. Once the Garlic is fried, add Green Chilli pieces and fry for another 30 seconds.
  6. Now toss the Cooked Rice along with Pepper powder, Salt, Chopped Green Coriander on a high flame. It gives a smoky flavour to the rice.
  7. Burnt Garlic Cumin Rice can be relished more when accompanied by Chole Masala, Dal Tadka or Paneer curry.

Leave a comment

Rate this Recipe:
Your email address will not be published.

1 comments