Beetroot halwa - Halwa made of Beetroot, Milk and Sugar tastes delicious and is appreciated on every occasion. The sight of a fresh Beetroot will always remind people of the Beetroot Halwa made by you.
It is very simple to make this Beetroot Halwa. All that is required is a little patience. It is similar to Carrot Halwa. We would be using Beetroot instead of Carrot in this recipe. Beetroot takes longer time than Carrot to fry to remove the raw taste. Beetroot gets cooked in thick Milk and becomes like a tasty Khoya which makes you want to eat more and more.
Peel the Beetroot and grate it using the wide side of the grater.
It tastes good when roasted in Ghee.
Milk - Ghee:
I used 1 litre Milk for 1/2 kilo Beetroot. You can reduce if you want but it is more tasty this way.
I used 100 grams Ghee but you can reduce if you want less.
- The raw Khoya makes the Halwa taste better and so it can be used if available.
Beetroot halwa - Recipe Video
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Total Time 45 mins
- Servings 8
- 1/2 Kg Grated Beetroot
- 1 liter Milk
- 75 - 100 gms Ghee
- 20 Cashew Nuts
- Raisins: As per taste
- 50 gms Raw Khoya
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Heat some Ghee in a pan and fry Cashew Nuts and Raisins till they turn golden.
- Add grated Beetroot to this and fry for 4 minutes till the raw smell is removed.
Now add milk and stir continuously on a medium flame.
- It will take 20 to 30 minutes to reach the Halwa consistency. Then add Cardamom Powder, Sugar and stir it continuosly for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add Khoya before removing it from the fire. Mix it well and consume it hot or cold.