Easy Spicy Chicken Curry
This spicy Chicken curry is very easy to make even for Bachelors or for beginners.
Chicken marinated in Masalas and cooked patiently gives a tasty Curry. I made this curry for people who like spicy food and also Bachelors making some small changes to the regular Chicken Curry.
This Curry is marinated in Oil and Masalas and then cooked slowly. It tastes excellent with hot Rice or Fried Rice
Select the Chicken which weighs one kg after cleaning. It will be tender and will absorb the Masalas properly.
You have to marinate the Chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- All the masala ingredients should be patiently fried so that they get roasted from inside the core.
- The spice in this curry is only from the ground chillies.I used medium spiced chillies.
1.Poopy seeds give a soothing, smooth taste to the curry.You can also use Cashews for additional taste.
Easy Spicy Chicken Curry - Recipe Video
Easy Spicy Chicken Curry
- Prep Time 2 mins
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Resting Time 30 mins
- Total Time 1 hr 12 mins
- Servings 5
- 1/2 Kilo Chicken
- 4 Cardamom
- 8 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 inches Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Dry Coconut
- Stone Flower -Little
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 Kapok buds
- 15 Red Chilli
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Salt - as per taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Slit Green Chillies
- Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves- little
For the Curry
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onions
- 10 Garlic
- 2 Strands Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 liter Water
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Chopped Coriander leaves -little
- Roast all the ingredients used for Chicken masala on a low flame till you get a nice smell. Put it in a mixie jar.
- Add Curd, Salt, Ginger Garlic paste, Turmeric and grind into a smooth paste adding water.
Marinate the Chicken pieces, adding the masala paste, Oil, Lemon juice, Chopped Green Chillies, Coriander and Pudina. Mix thoroughly and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat some Oil in a pan. Fry Chopped Onions, Garlic and Curry leaves, till they turn Golden brown.
- Add Tomato pieces to it and cook till the skin of Tomatoes get separated.
Put the marinated Chicken pieces into this gravy and cook on high flame till the oil floats to the top, keep stirring occasionally
- Then add 500ml water and cook on a medium flame till the oil floats to the top. It may roughly take upto 25 minutes.
- Add Lemon Juice and Garnish it with Chopped Coriander and remove it from the fire. Serve it with hot Rice, Jowar Roti's or Fried Rice.