Palak Corn Capsicum Rice
12 mins Flavored Rice
Spinach, Corn and Capsicum Rice is an excellent dish for lunch boxes and it is a happy tummy recipe that has a unique taste. It is made with simple ingredients like Spinach, Corn, Capsicum added to the Cooked Rice and tossed well using some spices.
This comes as a great refresher instead of having strong spices and Ginger and Garlic paste in the lunch boxes, which are unhealthy, if overly consumed.
This tummy-friendly recipe is very easy to make and can be easily made by Bachelors and Office-goers for packing lunch boxes in no time .
- You can use Cooked Millets instead of White Rice, if you like it.
- I used more Ginger and reduced Chilli in this Capsicum Rice, similar to Pongal. It will be spicy and tasty. You can grate or finely chop the Ginger.
- Slit Green Chillies can be easily removed from the Rice, when serving it for kids or else you can fry the chillies into a dark shade to reduce its spice.
- Capsicum can be cut finely and then it needs to be fried for 2-3 minutes only.
- I used Sweet Corn for a natural sweetness, You can use Frozen Peas instead.
- As I used Sweet Corn, I fried the Onions along with it .But when you are using Frozen Peas you have to fry them separately after the Capsicum is cooked properly.
- The unique taste for the Rice comes only from Sambar Powder so don't skip it. Fry for at least 30 seconds to get a perfect taste.
- I made this Rice as Medium spicy. You can adjust the Chillies to make it less or more spicy as per your taste.
Palak Corn Capsicum Rice - Recipe Video
Palak Corn Capsicum Rice
Flavored Rice | vegetarian
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 7 mins
- Total Time 12 mins
- Servings 4
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies (Finely chopped)
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Corn
- 1.5 cup Finely chopped Spinach
- 1 tsp Sambar powder
- 1 cup Fluffy cooked Rice (185 gms Raw Rice)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Heat Oil in a pan and add Cumin to it and wait till it splutters.
- Add finely chopped Ginger and Chillies and fry for another two minutes
Now add Chopped Onions, Sweet Corn, Salt and Turmeric. Fry till the Onion becomes soft.
- Add finely chopped Spinach leaves and fry till it is cooked and also lose its raw smell.
- Add Sambar powder and fry for another 30 seconds. Then add the fluffy, cooked Rice. Add Pepper powder and toss it on a high flame till the Rice becomes hot. Remove it from the fire and add a dash of Lemon juice to it and serve hot.
Leave a comment ×