Crispy Bhindi Kurkure
Bhindi Kurkure is a very popular recipe in Northern India. Made with slit Ladies fingers dipped in Bengal gram flour, masalas and fried crisply, this recipe will surely be liked by all.
It is called Ladies Finger Kurkure as they are crunchy and crispy.This is usually served with Dal Rice. The Bhindi are served as a combo called Dal Rice and Ladies Finger Kurkure in many roadside Dhabas and Hotels.
The Ladies finger kurkure is a very simple recipe. Masalas mixed well with slit Ladies fingers and fried in hot Oil till they turn golden brown. But special care should be taken right from selecting the Ladies Fingers till the final step. Please follow the tips carefully so that you get crispier Ladies Finger Kurkure.
You have to surely follow the tips below before starting to make them.
- Ladies Fingers should be very tender.They will be fried well only if they are tender. Hard ones will not fry well and remain sticky and tasteless after frying.
Tips for chopping Ladies fingers:
- You have to slit the Ladies Finger length wise and remove the seeds and cut them into 2 inch pieces like a drumstick.
Coating for Ladies Fingers :
You have to slowly mix the Ladies Finger pieces with Bengal gram flour by tossing them well, so that they get properly coated on all sides.
You have to use only a spoonful of water so that it sticks well to the Ladies Finger pieces.The water is used to just bind the batter to the pieces. If more water is used, it doesn't stick to the pieces and the batter will come off the pieces once you put them in the oil.
Tips for frying the Ladies Finger pieces:
Fry the Ladies Finger pieces in boiling Oil for 2 minutes without stirring them.Then the batter will stick to the pieces and gets cooked.Then slowly start stirring them on a medium flame till they change colour and increase the flame and fry till they turn golden brown and become crispy.
Fried Ladies Finger pieces should be placed in a strainer.To make them remain crispy for a longer time don't cover them with a plate, instead cover them with a thin cloth.
Crispy Bhindi Kurkure - Recipe Video
Crispy Bhindi Kurkure
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Resting Time 10 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
- Servings 5
- 400 gms Tender Ladies fingers
- 3/4 cup Bengal gram flour
- 1/8 tsp Ajawin
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 2.5 tbsp Rice flour
- Salt - Sufficient
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 Spoon Water
- Oil - For frying
- Chat masala - For garnishing
- Cut both the ends of the Ladies Finger and slit lengthwise. Remove the seeds and fiber from it .Slit them again to make it into four portions. Cut them into 2 inch pieces ( Follow the tips about the Ladies Fingers)
- Add all the ingredients to the Bengal gram flour and mix well.
Put this Bengal Gram mixture on to the Ladies Finger pieces and toss well till all the pieces get the coating.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of water, mix well and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Fry the Ladies Finger pieces in Boiled Oil without stirring them for 2 minutes on a medium flame. Increase the flame and fry till they turn golden brown and crispy and place them in a strainer till they become cool.
Garnish it with 1/4 spoon Chat masala. You have this crispy and tasty Ladies Finger Kurkure ready. It goes well with Dal Rice or as a Tea time snack .